Document Type

Journal Article

Role

Author

Publisher

The ATLAS Collaboration

First Page

1

Last Page

15

Publication Date

2010

Abstract

The threshold of each pixel in the Pixel Detector, measured in electrons (e), must be 7 properly set in order to optimize position resolution and particle detection efficiency. 8 This note details the threshold tuning performed for the full pixel detector over a 4- 9 month period in the fall of 2008. At the end of this period, 94% of the detector was 10 tuned to a measured mean threshold value of 3939 e, which is offset from the true 11 threshold value by ∼60 e, with an RMS of 37 e. The remaining 6% of the detector was 12 not measurable due to software or hardware problems.

Share

COinS